Saturday, February 27, 2010

Diabetic

Follow-through- Diabetic

My name is Arman. I'm on my forties.I have this problem like at times I was having a blurred vision.I am overweight and have a sedentary lifestyle. What could you help me then?

Author:
Arman I don't know how you are feeling today but base on what you have told me the manifestation could lead to something else. Why don't you try to visit hospital and have a check-up. Most probably you could ask for an FBS then you could text me again.

I have my Hgt done by my niece who is a nurse it is about 380. Anyway my niece said that I can work on my sugar by going to the gym and watching my diet.

Author:
I don't know but I guess both of you are denying that you've got a problem. Anyway tell her to repeat Hgt.This time you have to fast for about 8 hours.That is no food intake from 12 midnight until you have your Hgt, alright!

I had my Hgt it is 200. I am afraid 0f medicine especially if I am going to take it for the rest of my life

Author:
That is still high. Try FBS and you have to fast for the next 8 hours once more. You have no choice. You have to take oral medicine otherwise some of your internal organs might be compromise.

Yes I have the result now. It is 10.1 mmol/l but the normal values are 4.2-6.4 mmol/l. Thanks! The doctor told me to drink oral medicine twice. One tablet in the morning and another at night. It is Metformin HCl 500 mg tablet oral hypoglycemic. It does not cost me much unlike before I used to take herbal medicines that have no therapeutic effects. I feel better now. I owe it to you probably I just need someone to talk to. Cheers!

Author:
Not yet! You don't owe me anything. I am just a nurse and I consult also the physician as you did. You owe it to yourself for seeking help. You owe God for enlightening your mind. Hey I guess you should try checking your HbA1c, as well . Go back to the physician after the result so he could adjust the dosage of your medicine accordingly.

I have my HbA1c. It is 10.0 % ; the normal values are 4.50-6.30 %. The doctor told me to take my oral medicine 3 times a day with meals. Meanwhile, I have to take my medicine religiously and probably next month I will get my Hgt once more and the doctor will work from there. Hopefully if it goes down I would reduce my medicine .Thanks, I will keep an update for you!

I have tried my Hgt today and it is about 175. I feel great!

Author:
Cool ! You should maintain it at 90. I suggest you have an FBS after 2 weeks of taking your medicine so the dosage be adjusted.

I just got my Hgt today and it is 112. I am feeling good!

Author:
That is great! Do not forget to have your FBS a week after so dosage of your medicine could be reduced.

I just got my FBS today and it is 6.2 mmol/l. The normal value is 4.2-6.4 mmol/l . The physician told me that I just got the right dose so I have to continue my Metformin HCl 3 x a day.

Author :
Good to hear that I am hoping that you would feel better each day!

I got my Hgt today and it is 151.

Author:
That's a bit high. Continue with your medications and have a check-up . What have you been doing lately?

I have been eating a lot. I always feel hungry lately. I feel too tired at times. I also drink a lot.

Author:
Based on your Hgt you are supposed to add more medicine . You have to watch your carbohydrates and sugar intake. Alcohol may cause an adverse reaction while you are taking the medication. I thought you want to get cured . Why are you doing this?

Sorry . I just feel like am depriving myself of all the things that I love doing.

Author:

I do not know what you are doing. Helping yourself is not deprivation.

Sorry! I am trying to adjust on my present situation. Much as I could I watch my carbohydrates intake, do some daily exercise and limit alcohol . I just cannot update you on my Hgt because I find it hard every now and then to visit hospital for that. Could you recommend any alternative?

Author:
Perfect! I suggest if you have extra money to buy the glucometer,, needles and strips for Hgt, you must purchase now. Checking your Hgt will be a routine to update your blood sugar.

Hello! It's been quite while since I updated you. I was not able to buy the glucometer. I feel like I can't prick on my fingers. I'll just leave the Hgt thing to the physician or nurse. Anyway my latest Hgt reading is 99. I actually feel better lose weight and almost 2 to 3 kg away to having that perfect normal weight. I see things clearer like I've never seen them before. I slim down and I have learned to appreciate the taste of food. Thanks!

Author:
Good to hear that! Well you were able to survive the consequences of having Type II diabetis and that includes lost of vision, amputation of gangrened foot and others. Keep on taking your medication regularly and avoid too much sweets, carbohydrates and alcohol. Keep your body fit by doing exercises regularly. Cheers!
______________________________________________________________



My name is Philip. Like Arman I used to splurge drinking , eating and having fun . Now I feel like I am starting to loose my hearing.

Author:
How did you notice that you can't hear well anymore?

I used to clean my ears and everytime I put this bud in my ear I can hear the usual sound it creates. But now no matter how I roll the bud I could not hear that sound anymore.

Author:
What did you do then to help yourself ?

I bought an expensive hearing aid but when I tried it at home it won't work.

Author:
Please consult a physician and ask for assistance.

Thanks! The physician told me that hearing aids have specialize treatment on an ear problem. It is like eyeglasses that we use for a particular eye defect.

Author:
I suggest you visit an EENT.

Hello I visited an EENT today. He checked my ears and he said it is clogged. He prescribed me antibiotics and eardrops. He asked me to go back after a week. He take a look at the hearing aid I bought and he said it didn't fit my ear. That was too large for me. Byebye now!

Author:
See sometimes we bought things that was really not cool. Anyways update me alright?

Yeah! Just done with antibiotics. I feel great today. The doctor told me to continue on my eardrops. He told me that the clogged was almost gone. Thanks!

Author:
No problem sir. So long as you are concerned with your health you will have a great day ahead of you!

Thank you I can hear things clearer now!

____________________________________________________________________


My name is Martin. I am 26 years old. Alcohol is my cure. Until last night, I got my BP result and it is 140/100. I am afraid because I am still too young to be hypertensive. How could you help me then?

Author:
I suggest you visit a physician at once.

Yes ,I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me Calciblre 5mg. I feel better now.

Author:
Good for you. Maybe you can cut-off or at least decrease your alcohol intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment